AKG's Perception 170 is a small-diaphragm true condenser microphone offering outstanding build quality and excellent value. The lightweight diaphragm delivers outstanding clarity and transient response and conforms to the stringent standards defined for AKG recording products.
The Perception 170s design is based on AKGs six decades of experience in making microphones and on input from sound engineers around the world who use AKG products every day.
Its 1/2" small-diaphragm true condenser transducer brings AKG studio quality to the project studio and all other areas of recording. A switchable preattenuation pad enable the Perception 170 to be used close to sound sources delivering up to 155 dB SPL. The heavy-duty, all-metal chassis and reliable gold-plated XLR-type output make the Perception 170 an excellent choice for a variety of live sound applications, too.
AKG PERCEPTION170 Features:
- Professional small-diaphragm, true condenser cardioid microphone
- Switchable 20 dB preattenuation pad
- Heavy-duty, roadworthy, all-metal construction
- AKG sound quality
- Designed and engineered by AKG in Vienna, Austria
AKG PERCEPTION170 Specifications:
- Type: 1/2" diaphragm, externally polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 12 mV/Pa (-38 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 135/155 dB (0/-20dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent Noise Level:Signal/Noise Ratio (A-weighted): 73 dB (re 1 Pa)
- Preattenuation Pad: 0dB, -20dB
- Impedance:Recommended Load Impedance: >=1,000 ohms
- Current Consumption: <=2mA
- Power Requirement: 48V phantom power to DIN/IEC
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: Metallic Blue
- Dimensions: 0.9" dia. x 6.3"
- Net Weight: 4.6 oz
- Shipping Weight: 16 oz