The Crown 135MA is a high value 35W mixer-amplifier for commercial audio. It provides 8-ohm and constant-voltage outputs (70V and 100V). Typical uses are paging, background music, and music-on-hold. The 135MA provides 3 inputs (each with a volume control) and a 35W amplifier output. Other features include priority muting, voice activated muting, phantom power, and Bass and Treble controls.
- 3 inputs (each with a volume control), and one 35Wamplifier output channel
- Ideal for paging, background music, and music-on-hold
- Balanced Phoenix-type mic/line input, telephoneoutput, dual RCA stereo music inputs, screw-terminal speaker outputs
- Priority muting by VOX or external switch
- Bass and Treble controls on master output
- Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications
- Minimum Guaranteed Power into 8 ohms or 70V/100VOutput: 35W
- Frequency Response (at 1 watt from line out): 50Hz to20kHz +/-1dB; 19Hz to 34kHz +0, -3dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio (ref. to rated power, master volume atminimum):
Mic: > 58 dB.
Line: > 60 dB.
Telephone: > 60dB.
Inputs 2 or 3 (and 4 in 160MA): > 78 dB
- THD+N: <0.5% at rated power at 1kHz; <0.1% at5W at 1kHz
- Input Sensitivity (for full output at maximum gain):
Input 1: Mic 3mV,Line 800mV.
Input 2: 400mV.
Input 3: 400mV.
- Input Impedance (nominal):
Mic: 2.2 kilohms.
RCA: 10 kilohms.
- Crosstalk: -82dB at 1kHz (Ch. 1 line input 0.8V, Ch.1 volume at minimum, other channel volumes at maximum)
- Line Output Level (nominal): 1V into 10 kilohms
- Phantom Power: 15 VDC
- AC Line Voltages Available: Universal Power Supply.Line voltage tolerance +15%, -20%
- Operating Temperature/Humidity: 0 C to 40 C at 95%relative humidity (non-condensing).
- Storage Temperature: Storage Temperature: 20 C to85 C.
- Cooling: Convection cooled.
- Protection: Included protection mechanisms arecurrent limiting, over-temperature thermal cutout, and DC-fault loadprotection. The unit is protected against turn-on/turn-off thumps.
- Included Accessories:
Non-touch cover for outputconnectors
- Optional Accessories
Part no. IST 600-ohm Isolation Transformer forTelephone Output or Input 1.
Part no. RM1 single rack mount kit formounting a single MA unit in a rack.
Part no. RM2 double rack mount kit formounting two MA units side-by-side in a rack.
Partno. S-Cover 10-pack of security knobs.
Width: Half rack width (9.5 in. or 24.1 cm).
Height(front panel): 3.5 in. (8.9 cm).
Height (including feet): 4.1 in. (10.5cm).
Depth (front panel to back panel): 12.2 in. (31.0 cm).
Depth (front of knobs to back panel): 13.9 in.(35.2 cm).
- Weight: 8 lb 2 oz net; 10 lb 16 oz shipping
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
- Power Switch: Pushbutton on-off switch.
- Input Volume Controls: Four controls, one per input.Detented potentiometers with knobs.
- Tone Controls: Bass and Treble non-detented recessedpotentiometers under master output volume control. Bass 10 dB at 100 Hz,Treble 10 dB at 10 kHz.
- Power Indicator: Blue LED indicates power on.
- Input Signal Presence Indicators: Green LED, oneabove each channel's input attenuator, illuminates when input signal exceeds40 dBu.
- Input Signal Clip Indicators: Green LED, oneabove each channel's input attenuator, flashes brightly at threshold of audibledistortion.
- Output Signal Presence Indicator: Green LED abovemaster output volume control illuminates when any input signal exceeds 40dBu.
- Output Signal Clip Indicators: Red LED abovemaster output volume control flashes brightly at threshold of audible distortion.
- Master Output Volume Control: Detented potentiometer with knob.
Back Panel Controls, Connectors and Indicators
- AC Power Inlet: Detachable IEC accepts US or Eurostyle power cords.
- Amplifier Output Connector: 4-position terminalbarrier block with COM (Common), 8 ohms, 70V and 100V terminals. Accepts up to10 AWG terminal forks. Non-touch cover included.
- Preamp Line Out Connector: 3-pin balancedPhoenix-type for connection to external amplifiers. Level independent ofmaster volume control.
- Input Connector 1: 5-terminal Phoenix connector. 3terminals for balanced signal, 2 terminals for priority contact closure, whichmutes other channels when DIP switch 3 is on.
- Input Connector 2: Unbalanced line-level RCA-typeconnectors.
- Input Connector 3: Unbalanced line-level RCA-typeconnectors.
- Telephone (MOH) Output Connector: 4-terminal Phoenixconnector (2 terminals for 1W output to 8-ohm speaker, 2 terminals for 600-ohmoutput to PBX music-on-hold port).
- MOH Level Control: Trim pot adjusts level forMusic-On-Hold output from Telephone (MOH) Output Connector.
- Amp Configuration DIP Switch: DIP switch selection for multiple functions.
1. On: Sets CH1 to Mic Input. Off: Sets CH1 to Line Input.
2.On: Sets CH1 to Normal mode (no priority).
3. On: CH1 priority contactclosure mutes other channels.
4. On: CH1 VOX mutes other channels by sensing signal through Input 1.
5. On: Routes CH1 to MOH output.
6. On:Routes CH2 to MOH output.
7. On: Routes CH3 to MOH output.
8. On: 15V phantom power.
- VOX Threshold: Trim pot controls how loud the voice on CH1 must be before muting other channels. Can be set for no muting.