JBL's Control 52 satellite loudspeaker produces superb high fidelity sound via a low distortion 60 mm (2.5") driver, which features a secondary bucking magnet for high efficiency, rubber half roll surround for enhanced bass performance, 19 mm (0.75") copper clad aluminum wire voice coil on a vented Nomex former for high fidelity and reliability, and a copper-capped pole piece for more consistent impedance and extended high frequency response. The wall bracket allows each speaker to be angled up to 45 off-axis.
JBL CONTROL-52-WH Features:
- Stylish, unobtrusive design fits into a wide variety of decors
- High fidelity sound
- Selectable 70V/100V for distributed lines, or low impedance
- Versatility for either two or four satellite speakers per system
- Ability to mix and match with Control Contractor40 Series inceiling models
- Wall-mount brackets included
JBL CONTROL-52-WH Specifications:
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 140 Hz 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (3 dB): 180 Hz 17 kHz
- Power Capacity:
- 50 Watts Continuous Program Power (2 hrs)
- 25 Watts Continuous Pink Noise (2 hrs)
- 30 Watts Continuous Program Power (100 hrs)
- 15 Watts Continuous Pink Noise (100 hrs)
- Nominal Sensitivity:
- 85 dB (4.0V/1m = 1W)
- 82 dB (2.83V, 1m)
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 150 x 150 (omnidirectional)
- Rated Maximum SPL (1m): 94 dB average, 100 dB peak
- Nominal Impedance: 16 ohms
- Transducer Driver: 60 mm (2.5") with polypropylene cone, butyl rubber surround, 19 mm (0.75") copper-clad coil, vented Nomex former, secondary bucking magnet, and copper sleeved pole piece for high frequency extension.
- Input Connector: Removable locking 2-pin connector with screw-down terminals. Max wire 12 AWG (2.5 mm2)
- Material: High impact polystyrene, painted zinc-plated metal grille.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 4.5" H x 3.3" W x 3.75" D (115 x 84 x 96 mm)
- Wall bracket dimensions: 2" (51 mm)
- Net Weight: 1.5 lbs. (0.7 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 lbs. (0.8 kg)
- Included Accessories: Wall bracket (both speaker and wall parts), 2-pin locking connector.
NOTE: Shown above in black, comes in white.
As an audio professional, I've been using JBL products for over 40 years. When you pick up one of these speakers, you'll know it's not a piece of cheese. I don't use a sub woofer. I have a 5.1 home surround system and use two full-range bookshelf speakers to handle bass. If you use proper plastic anchors & all 4 screws, these speakers will mount perfectly and safely in a 1/2" or 5/8" drywall ceiling. I use the 2 "front" JBL Control 52s for the center channel in mono, and then the other 2 speakers for the rear.
CAUTION! As stated in the instructions, you WILL need crossover capacitors on these speakers. They are NOT woofers. I hung 100mF/100v caps on the + speaker outs on the amp to only pass audio over 200Hz or so to the Control 52s. (You can get 4 caps for less than $10) So they carry voice dialog or vocals (center channel) and horns & guitars, sound effects, etc., and highs (in the rear) with no sibilance or distortion. You must add the capacitors for a surround application, where no crossover is present to prevent damage. I tested them with Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon." Very happy!